I have a lot of respect for anyone who chooses to begin counselling. It takes courage to be open with someone, and I don't take that for granted. As an Integrative counsellor, I have a range of therapeutic tools to help towards a breakthrough, particularly for clients who live with anxiety, depression, or present difficulties relating to past traumas.
As human beings, we are wired for survival, and continually adjust to protect ourselves from threats and challenges. As our circumstances change through life, we may notice that the patterns which once kept us safe are now holding us back. By offering compassion and a listening ear to the parts of ourselves which carry trauma, we can gradually release the tension that our bodies are holding on to. Some may describe this tension as 'frozen energy', which when suppressed or ignored can manifest as anxiety.
Perhaps you just want to talk with someone confidentially about some difficult things that are on your mind; things that you may be less keen to share with your immediate circle. I'm a good listener, and I really care about my clients.
Topics I often work with: anxiety, depression, trauma, relationships, childhood difficulties, grief, purpose and direction, existential crisis, life changes and 'negative automatic images'. I will work with most things; whatever you wish to bring to each session.
Qualifications, Associations & Experience:
- MBACP - Registered member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy.
- Advanced Diploma in Counselling (Dartmoor Centre for Counselling and Psychotherapy).
- Dissociation and Trauma Recovery Training (Trauma Recovery Centre, Bath).
- Experience in various mental health settings, including CAMHS (Child, Adolescent Mental Health Services).
- Forgiveness Therapist (Freedom Centre, Totnes).
- BSc Hons. Degree in Sociology (Bath Spa University).